Mindfulness is commonly misconceived as meditation and deep breathing or doing activities such as yoga. although these activities are a practice of mindfulness there are actually tons of ways to be mindful!
I’m going to share with you some very easy ways to be mindful in your daily life.
What is mindfulness? : being fully aware of a moment, emotion feeling or sensation.
Here are some ideas!
- Reading! your mind is usually fully engaged when reading!
- taking a moment to smell coffee or tea and trying to be really describe your sense of smell in as much detail as possible.
- playing loud music in your car, closing your eyes and noticing the vibration the music creates throughout the car. (you also can do this at the movie theaters if you have a D-box seat which moves and creates sensations during the movie.)
- focusing on the warmth or coolness of the water during a shower
- do something you have done many times before and pretend it is your first ever time experiencing it.. this can be showering, watching a sunset or sunrise, listening to music, playing a game etc!
- try diamond dots, cross stitching, sewing or drawing! challenge yourself to do something intricate.
- watch or listen to a thunderstorm!